December 11, 2010

The bustle is still not turning out the way I wanted it to. I had thought about purchasing a bustle sewing pattern and then work out the measurements from there but bleh, too much effort. I know, so is using my own body measurements since I have to stop randomly and check against my body if it's going to work. My thoughts are that I just didn't plan it out properly. I have a bad habit of that, get an idea and just jump right in without thinking it through and planning out the steps.

I thought this would be a good project for when I needed a break here and there between editing the CZMA. That in itself is a hard task. I want to add to it but I don't want to add anything that would kill the interest of the readers. I want to take away some stuff but that would result in me having to pick and choose what I should get rid of and to be honest, this is one of the few stories I've written and then gone back to read where I haven't just hit the delete button on the whole thing. And I've already cut out a whole lot of crap from it. It was 50104 words, now it's hovering just over 23000. That's more then half but it was honest crap I removed. I wasn't going to turn into an Anne Rice and spend pages describing the intricate details of tables and doors and walls and all sorts of boring crap. No offense to Anne Rice, she's a really good writer but tends to go a little heavy on the details that have no bearing on the stories in her vampire books. I prefer her non vampire books, they don't take a whole chapter just to describe a door and have more interesting storylines if you ask me.

Okay, I'm not sure how talking about crochet frustrations turned into my writing frustrations but that's the way my mind works. I have a childless weekend so perhaps I should get back to both my projects. It doesn't help that I also have to finish a hat I'm being paid to make as a christmas gift.

*air smooches*

No comments:

Post a Comment