October 21, 2010

Priscilla, The City and I look fabulous.

Last night, my darling husband took me to the Theater in the great city of Toronto. Naturally, I had to look my very best for this grand ocassion since it's very rare to find a husband that would go to the Theater willingly, let alone to see drag queens.


My darling husband thought this was a tad overboard but that's what you get when you attach yourself to a former military man. I've been working on him steadily so he had fun last night as well. The leggings I made there (look to the right for the pattern) kept my legs nice and warm as well as keeping any unwanted glances at my delicate ankles.

One would think being dressed as such in Toronto, no one would pay attention or give it no mind. Most just took a second glance then walked on with a chuckle. To you all, I say I'm glad I cheered up your chilly walk home. The first actual comments I got was from a conservative couple walking by who thought I was crazy and/or on drugs. Whilst I admit to being just a tad eccentric, I wasn't on drugs unless you count coffee and cigarettes. I merely giggled girlishly at their comments and walked on with my beloved. My favorite comment came from a gentleman leaving work asking "Don't you hate all this premature graying going on?" as he ran a hand over his own graying head of hair. One lady did ask me if I was a member of the production and I told her "No, I just thought a trip to the Theater required dressing nicely." She laughed and we chatted for a bit in the powder room about how great the production was. And whilst I think I looked fabulous, the drag queens in the production were simply amazing.





Just a side note. This last photo was taken at Big Daddy's in Toronto. Amazing food, amazing jazz and wonderful staff.

And remember ladies: Life is an adventure. Dress accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment